Manager, Supplier Quality (#MSQ 001)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on January 3, 2017
We design and manufacture the most productive, specialized harvesting equipment in the world. We are committed to innovative & unique solutions that deliver maximum value to our customers. Our reputation is driven by our quality, reliability and our passion for exceptional customer support through listening and responding.
We’re proud of our reputation in providing customers with quality equipment and take our position as The Harvesting Specialists seriously…because at the end of the day, our equipment helps producers harvest the crops that feed the world.
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Overall management of the Supplier Quality function including management and technical guidance of the staff, development, execution and maintenance of relevant systems such as supplier evaluation, qualification and approval, supplier surveillance and handling of supplier nonconforming material and corrective actions . Work closely with other functions including Design and Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Product Support to ensure a high quality and reliability levels are achieved for purchased parts and outsourced services. Development and execution of continuous improvement projects to improve the quality of the supply base.
Education and Experience
A university degree in engineering or science or a technology diploma with equivalent years of experience.
Minimum 10 years of applied Supplier Quality Assurance experience in a medium to high volume hi-tech industry.
Design for six sigma training is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of Supplier Quality Assurance programs including; selection, qualification, development, auditing and surveillance.
- Applied experience in statistics and statistical process control.
- Effective oral/written communication, interpersonal, leadership, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and external suppliers/subcontractors.
- Supervisory/leadership capacity in Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Computer skills; ERP, Windows OS, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Management and technical guidance of the Supplier Quality staff.
- Planning, development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality management systems including: Development and Maintenance of MacDon Supplier Quality Requirements.
Support the Supplier evaluation, qualification and approval Process. Development and maintenance of the MacDon approved vendors list (AVL).
- Planning, development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality surveillance programs including: Supplier Audit Program, Supplier Performance monitoring,Supplier Rating System and Reporting.
- Interface with parts, materials and outsourcing suppliers on all quality issues.
- Work with Procurement to ensure that relevant MacDon quality requirements are included in the purchase orders.
- Chairing of the Supplier MRB, disposition of supplier nonconforming products and execution of the Supplier Corrective Action System.
- Collect the necessary data and develop the appropriate key performance indicators that accurately depict the quality levels of purchased parts/material and outsourced services. These quality levels are dynamic and should be achieved and increased regularly.
- Participate in the enhancements and development of measuring reports and tools to accurately depict the overall performance of the supplier quality function.
- Support the Product Realization Process and represents the Supplier Quality function in the New Product Development cross functional teams.
- Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) activities from a supplier quality perspective.