Press Releases View all
M1 Series Windrower
Introducing MacDon’s new M1 Series Windrower and Cutting Platforms
August 2017, for immediate North American release.
Next Level Windrower Performance
M1 Series Windrowers continue MacDon’s tradition of bringing harvesting innovation to the field. These all-new Windrowers deliver power, performance, comfort, and speed. Powerful Cummins engines deliver increased header drive capacity on three interchangeable cutting platforms to power through the toughest harvesting conditions. Cut at speeds up to 18 mph as the all-new patented CrossFlexTM Suspension absorbs impact from rough terrain allowing a smooth, clean cut. Two stage controls and One-Touch-Return buttons give operators precise control and customization of header functions. Setting a new standard in Windrower technology, the M1 Series is the next level of harvesting performance.
Standard Features Include:
• M1240 Engine; Cummins QSB-6.7L 6 Cylinder Tier 4 Final Turbo Diesel 248 HP (185 kW) @ 2200 RPM boosts to 262 HP (195 kW) @ 2000 RPM
• M1170 Engine; Cummins QSB-4.5L 4 Cylinder Tier 4 Final Turbo Diesel 173 HP (129 kW) @ 2400 RPM
• High speed Dual Direction® provides field speeds of up to 18 MPH (29 km/h) and transport speeds of up to 28 MPH (45 km/h).
• Patented CrossFlexTM Suspension System design absorbs impact from rough terrain for an even cut.
• New dual radiator design draws air from the cleanest location, behind the cab. A hydraulic-drive reversing fan works on the go to blow out unwanted debris, keeping the engine and hydraulics running cool and efficiently, without the need of operator input.
• For ease of use, all hydraulic connections happen on the operator’s side of the machine and through two multi couplers for draper-ready machines.
• Industry leading crop clearance featuring a height of 46” (117 cm) and a 12” (30 cm) wider walking beam allowing big bushy swaths to flow freely under the frame.
• Improved header clearance with 3 inches more lift height over the previous model.
• Harvest Performance Tracker on a 7” LCD display let operators track harvest performance with an easy to read interface that provides on board diagnostic readings and user customizing features.
• Two-stage controls allow for precise positioning of the header.
• One-Touch-Return buttons provide fast, customizable in-field header control.
• Standard Cab features include; Ultra Glide® cab suspension, high-back multi-adjustable air ride seat, fold away trainer seat, auto climate control, Bluetooth radio, windshield wipers with washer fluid, front and rear window shades, warning beacons, and a tilting and telescoping steering column.
• In-Cab noise levels are reduced helping to decrease operator fatigue
• Easy serviceability with longer service intervals
Optional Packages Include: (But are not limited to)
• Deluxe cab option features heated and vented leather seating, power mirrors, and 360˚ Night Vision from 8 high-power LED work lights.
• Double Windrow Attachment allows operators to combine up to three passes into a single windrow. Using the DWA translates into significant time and fuel savings in the field.
• MacDon’s all-new patented Swath Compressor creates a smooth, even slope that gently compresses and forms loose bushy swaths into perfect windrows.
Each M1 Series Windrower model can be equipped with three interchangeable cutting platforms. Three new headers are available for use with the M1 Windrowers. Introducing the all-new R1 Series for the M1170 and the D1XL and D1X for use with both M1 Series Windrowers.
Refer to this chart for Windrower to Header Compatibility.
D1XL Series Draper Headers - Super-sized harvesting performance
MacDon harvesting performance is now available on an extra large scale with the all-new D1XL Draper Header. D1XL Drapers feature an ultra deep deck with 50” wide drapers. These wide drapers perform with ease in big, bushy, high-volume crops, and deliver up to 30% increased capacity in heavy crop conditions. Setting a new standard in draper header technology, the D1XL takes harvesting performance to the next level.
D1XL Features Include:
• Features a deep deck with 50” (127 cm) wide drapers providing up to 30% increased capacity in heavy crops
• All hydraulic connections happen on the operator’s side of the machine through two multi couplers
• Hydraulic Hose Management System mounts and stores hoses on the header and the 90° swing of the mechanical arm allows easy hooking and unhooking
• The knives, reel, and draper are each run on a dedicated hydraulic circuit, this independent control provides more power to the header
• One-Touch-Return buttons provide fast in-field control of the header’s height, tilt, cutting speed, reel, and draper
• Sizes: 30’ (9.1 m), 35’ (10.6 m), 40’ (12.2 m), and 45’ (13.7 m)
D1XL Series Draper Headers
The D1XL is available in header sizes from 30 to 45 feet. The D1X with 42” wide drapers is available in header sizes from 15 to 25 feet and deliver the same great MacDon performance in a size that will satisfy your harvesting needs.
R1 Series Rotary Disc Headers - The Haymaker
• Industry’s widest conditioning rolls 129” (328cm).
• Interchangeable conditioner modules (Steel / Polyurethane / No Conditioner).
• Discs are forward mounted in cutterbar for a flatter header angle and cleaner cut.
• Shear pins in each disc protect the cutterbar from overload damage.
• 3 Year Cutterbar Warranty
• Sizes: 13’ (4m)
For over 65 years MacDon Industries Ltd. has been a world leader in the technology, innovation, and manufacturing of high-quality, high-performance harvesting equipment. Known as The Harvesting Specialists, our history is rooted deep in the rich prairie heritage of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We sell our products in over 40 countries on six continents, with offices in Canada, the United States, Australia, Russia, Brazil and Germany.
For more product information please visit MacDon.com.
MacDon Industries Ltd.
680 Moray Street
Winnipeg MB R3J 3S3
t. (204) 885-5590
f. (204) 832-7749