In the fall of 2015 MacDon Industries Ltd. opened of its new state
of the art Parts Distribution Centre (PDC) in Winnipeg, Manitoba.“Our goal is to provide World Class Parts Services for all owners of MacDon manufactured equipment wherever they are located in the world. The new PDC is the key to serving our MacDon parts distribution network in Canada, United States, Australia, Europe, Russia, Brazil, and other parts of the world, allowing us to achieve this goal,” says Jason Klassen, Vice President Global Parts Operations at MacDon.
Ultimately the goal of the PDC is to deliver MacDon Performance Parts to dealers and customers quickly and efficiently, and the PDC is built to fulfill that commitment. “We are significantly more efficient in the new PDC,” says Klassen. “Capacity has increased threefold compared to our previous warehouse distribution center.” Built specifically with customers and dealers in mind, the unique, 110,700-square-foot, facility makes great use of the latest in warehouse design and technologies.
The Parts Distribution Centre Features:
• With 40 feet of clear height, there are 3.95 million cubic feet of usable space for shelving optimizing storage and accessibility for parts inventory.
• Space utilization and efficiency is maximized with narrow aisles using wire-guided forklift equipment.
• 110,700 Square Feet of Warehouse
• 12 Bay Loading Dock capacity speeds receiving and shipping capabilities for the best possible service.
• Full implementation of integrated Warehouse Management System provides better inventory management, tracking and warehouse efficiency.