Accounting Administrator - Westward Parts (Red Deer, AB)
Red Deer, Alberta
May 03, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
This position is responsible for administering matched Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable at Westward Parts Services Ltd.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Administer all matched Accounts Payable including entering new vendors and preparing statements. Review vendor statements and request invoices.
- Record and apply invoices to customer accounts. Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding payment documents.
- Record and apply payments received to customer accounts, notifying customers of any issues with payments.
- Work with others to resolve issues, concerns, errors or other inquiries with relevant stakeholders with regards to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable inquiries or purchase orders.
- Assist with month end statement reporting.
- Contribute to the goals of the department by creating a positive work environment that includes respect for others, open communication and a commitment to teamwork. Participate in team meetings and contribute expertise and recommendations for improving workflow or creating efficiencies within the team. Adhere to all employment policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as required, as assigned by the Controller.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in accounting
- High school diploma, some post-secondary education in accounting or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be organized with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of internal computer systems an asset.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving and time management skills