Product Support Specialist - Western Europe
Feb 17, 2021
Region/Territory: Western Europe (focus on Spain / UK and France)
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Sales & Service Manager, the job holder represents MacDon Europe GmbH in the area of responsibility and responsibilities largely independently. He / she works together with service and sales partners to maintain customer satisfaction. The appearance is characterized by the understanding of the relationship between service performance and sales success, close coordination with service and spare parts is required. Ensuring customer satisfaction with sales partners and end customers in the area of responsibility. Interface of all divisions to the sales partner, advisor, coach and supporter where required. Acting independently within a coordinated framework and decisively able to weigh the decisions taken for the benefit of the company and customer satisfaction and to represent them internally and externally.
- Technical support
- Training of distribution partners.
- Accompaniment, guidance and assistance with assembly and PDI of the various products from the MacDon product range.
- Control of the PDI / warranty documentation.
- Support & monitoring of the warranty process.
- Customer and sales partner visits.
- Support at national and international fairs & exhibitions.
- Problem solving and support during the harvest on site, by phone / email.
- Support in the preparation of technical documentation (mostly translation & corrections).
- Support products & customers during season in field and on the phone/email.
- Support development of sales & marketing material.
Education and Experience:
- Completed vocational training as agricultural mechanic with graduation journeyman, or comparable job descriptions (commercial vehicles, construction machinery, etc.)
- Experience working with people of different cultural backgrounds and ethnic groups.
- At least 5 years in the field of service agricultural machinery, ideally harvesting machines.
- Experienced in technical machinery setup and functional adjustments.
- Field demonstration experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to travel approximately 100-120 nights per year.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills.
- English understandable; Spanish and/or French understandable; other languages an asset.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS products Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license for cars (incl. trailers; B/BE) & agricultural machinery (L and/or T).
- Must hold a valid passport and be available for international travel if required.
- A creative self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Background in agriculture equipment, farming, and agronomic practices an asset.