Regional Sales and Product Support Representative - Western Europe
Feb 17, 2021
Region/Territory: Western Europe (focus on Spain / UK)
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Sales & Service Manager, the job holder represents MacDon Europe GmbH in the area of responsibility and responsibilities largely independently and with entrepreneurial instinct. He / she works together with service and sales partners to maintain customer satisfaction. The appearance is characterized by the understanding of the relationship between service performance and sales success, close coordination with service and spare parts is required. In the build-up phase, the job holder is a pioneer in all business matters and sees himself/herself as the face of the brand in the region. Acting independently and entrepreneurial within the set frame; able to decide and to defend internally and externally own and company decisions to the benefit of the company and to support customer satisfaction.
- Manage a defined sales territory working closely with MacDon’s dealers and customers to generate sales growth and ensure customer satisfaction of our products.
- Develop dealer network within the area of responsibility.
- Organize and assist dealers in conducting customer clinics and open houses to promote the sales of MacDon products.
- Technical trouble shooting, operational strategies, and general product support during the harvest season personally, by phone and/or mail; Support for the creation and translation of marketing material, etc.
- Conduct technical product presentations and product demonstrations to dealers, customers, and prospects.
- Plan, organize and participate at regional farm shows, dealer meetings and field training programs.
- Hands-on product setup and demonstration of products to dealers, customers and at events.
- Attend field related activities and other industry functions as required.
- Provide customer feedback to influence current and future product design and development.
- Review and manage sales volumes, market share, and dealer inventories.
- Work in cooperation with MacDon’s product support and engineering personnel as required.
- Develop dealer network according to company’s targets.
- Support products & customers during season in field and on the phone/email.
- Support development of sales & marketing material
Education and Experience:
- University degree with a major in Marketing, Agriculture, Engineering or a related program.
- Experience working with people of different cultural backgrounds and ethnic groups.
- Strong experience operating combines & headers of different brands.
- Experienced in technical machinery setup and functional adjustments.
- Field demonstration experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to travel approximately 100-120 nights per year.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS products Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license for cars (incl. trailers; B/BE) & agricultural machinery (L and/or T).
- Must hold a valid passport and be available for international travel if required.
- A creative self starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Background in agriculture equipment, farming, and agronomic practices an asset.
- English understandable mandatory; Spanish and/or French understandable; other languages an asset