Apr 07, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, class leading agricultural product designs for the Ag/Heavy Duty Off-Road machinery market. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Ag/Heavy Duty Off-Road machinery software development for Microcontrollers with experience in:
- IQAN Creative Studio, C/C++/C#
- Ag/Heavy Duty Off-Road machinery software development for embedded Linux with experience in:
- Ability to understand various Agricultural Machine control system theory relating to electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience with automation of equipment, vision/LiDAR/GPU systems would be an asset
- App development for Android/IOS devices
- Review and provide software spec improvements or maintenance for complex subsystems.
- Design support, including travel, for current product production and field issues.
- Provide support for software DVT activities, Prototype build and testing.
- Detailed understanding of communication protocols such as CAN (J1939), ISOBUS, RS232, USB, and Ethernet.
- Experience with model based software design using the MATLAB/Simulink tools.
- Experience in project planning and vendor selection.
- Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability.
- Risk assessments (DFMEA)
- Develop and implement validation plan (Unit Testing, Hardware/Software in the loop, DVT)
- Build and support prototypes
- Current product engineering support, develop product and service related publications.
- Continuous learning of MacDon and competitive products.
- Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports and creating and supporting shop and test work orders
- MS Office products, in particular a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program.
- Eligibility for APEGM or CTTAM registration.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Ag/Heavy Duty Off-Road machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets.
- Farm background is highly desirable. Including extensive experience operating and maintaining farm equipment; particularly harvesting equipment used in the markets MacDon competes in globally