Supplier Quality Engineer
Apr 01, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
This position will work closely with design and development, manufacturing, supply chain and product support to ensure a high quality and reliability levels are achieved for purchased parts and outsourced services. Execution of continuous improvement projects to improve the quality of the supply base.
- University degree in engineering or sciences
- Minimum 5 years of applied Supplier Quality Assurance experience in a medium to high volume hi-tech industry
- Lean six sigma training is an asset
- QMS audit training
- Thorough knowledge of Supplier Quality Assurance programs including; selection, qualification, development, auditing and surveillance
- Solid experience in Quality Management System and Manufacturing Processes auditing methods and techniques
- Applied experience in statistics and statistical process control
- Development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality management systems including:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of MacDon Supplier Quality Requirements.
- Support the Supplier evaluation, qualification and approval Process.
- Support the development and maintenance of the MacDon approved vendors list (AVL).
- Support the, development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality surveillance programs including:
- Supplier Audit Program
- Supplier Performance monitoring
- Supplier Rating System and Reporting
- Interface with parts, materials and outsourcing suppliers on all quality issues.
- Work with Procurement to ensure that relevant MacDon quality requirements are included in the purchase orders.
- Chairing of the Supplier MRB, disposition of supplier nonconforming products and execution of the Supplier Corrective Action System.
- Participate in the collection of the necessary data and develop the appropriate key performance indicators that accurately depict the quality levels of purchased parts/material and outsourced services. These quality levels are dynamic and should be achieved and increased regularly.
- Participate in the enhancements and development of measuring reports and tools to accurately depict the overall performance of the supplier quality function.
- Support the Product Realization Process and represents the Supplier Quality function in the New Product Development cross functional teams.
- Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) activities from a supplier quality perspective.